Sunday, November 30, 2008

Travel and Technology

As we get ready to head to Singapore and then on to Australia its’s time to charge up all my electronics. So what do I take with me when we travel…my iTouch (which provides me with videos for the flight, games, for when I am bored and Wi-Fi connection so I can get email on the road) all in this small package. And you can leave it in your handbag going through security

Then I have to have all the right chargers and adaptors – I like my iGo charger as I can use one charger, with different tips to charge Nokia cell phone and iTouch.

Then I like this adaptor from APC (which is small and flat - unlike many other brands, and very ingeniously constructed.
To keep my iTouch charged on the plane I also have an empower kit which, plugs into the airline in-seat power (which hopefully will be working) the one disadvantage with this is that it gets VERY hot, so you can only run it for a while. So I do carry supplementl battery power for the iTouch, so I can watch my movies on the nearly 20 hour flight (with layovers in Seattle and Tokyo)
When we arrive in Australia we will buy a local SIM card for our phones, and they are very generous with minutes and we can even call back to the USA, at a cheap rate.
So my carryon does get a bit full with all these electrical accessories – which sometimes causes a search at the airline security checkpoints.
The good thing, I am not bored, nor out of touch for too long!

No comments: