Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home

Well after about 20 hours of travelling (it was 8598 miles) with stops in Sao Paulo and Chicago I got home at 11am this morning...and guess what is raining here! However its not nearly as wet (and much warmer) than it was in Chile.
Monday in Chile was supposed to be a day of sightseeing, but this did not happen, so all the judges ended up going to the home of the President of the Kennel Club for Lunch(now lunch in Chile, has a different time schedule to what I was thinking, the food hit the table around 4:30pm) I have included pictures of the Presidents home, it was very unusual, with an eclectic mix of furnishings and decorations. (Also included is a picture of Max Magder, wearing a fox skin and overcoat, in the house) Heating of the homes did not seem to be a priority in Chile and so we all had another cold day.

After lunch we returned to our hotel at 7PM and my ring Steward arranged to take us out to dinner at a lovely Seafood restaurant(reservation was for 9:30PM) we finally got back to the hotel at 12:30AM

I dont have a marked catalog, so am not able to tell you who won in Beagles, other than I know my BOB winner was Ch Lanbur Riordan Motor City. The entry was mostly of American beagles in the first generation, with a couple of English sires present also. Due to Scheduling changes, I did not judge the Hound group - the Beagle did win one of the Hound Groups (but to be honest Group 6 in FCI is not strong in Chile - only 3 breeds in the group - Basset(1 entered), Dalmation (2 entered) Beagles (32 entries) The sighthound group was also a poor entry - 11 Afghans, 3 Whipets and 1 Italian Greyhound - Afghan was Group 1 and BIS.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Great to hear about your trip. One day I hope to go there myself.