Monday, March 16, 2009

Judging Trip to San Diego


This past Friday saw me leaving the Pacific Northwest and heading to a judging assignment in San Diego. The club held the show in Del Mar, an upscale community about 25 miles north of San Diego. We were staying at a resort and each evening the balloons could be seen in the sky over the golf course.

We had dinner Saturday evening at an ocean side restaurant and watched the sun set...
We had good company and good dogs, so it was a pleasant weekend.
I then stayed at a hotel near the airport on Sunday night and awoke to a lovely California Monday. However when I did an online check-in for my flight the pass showed possible delays in San Fransisco, due to fog. So I left the hotel at 9am to get to the airport early (my original flight was scheduled for 11:30 departure) I got on an earlier flight - which was also delayed (and finally departed at 11:45, instead of 10:05) I got into San Fransisco with just enough time to walk from one end of the airport to the other and get on my original scheduled connecting flight. We pushed back from the gate (just 1/2 hour late) and then stopped - we had only one engine...after about 1 hour and a trip back to the gate and "re-booting" the engine a few times, we took off and I got back into Portland just around 5pm.
A long travel day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool!!!