Monday, June 8, 2009

Dog shows

Thursday afternoon we had all sort of weather alerts - with golf ball sized hail and 60 mph wind expected to hit our area. I guess we were lucky as we must have been on the very edge of it and just got about 20 minutes of heavy rain and some winds and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in 10 minutes. The lights flickered but we did not lose power - yet the next morning some 1200 people in our county were still without power. We did get a lot of small branches blown out of the trees though.
On Friday David and I went to shows up in the Seattle area. It was my turn to show dogs and David was the support team. We met up with Janet and Jo and the puppies at Carrie's on Friday afternoon. It was fun to sit and watch them run and play.

Saturday we showed early and Zoey won a point and Thomas won the breed.

Sunday Zoey was not shown. It was Susan's turn - and she won 2 points.
And this is Susan, above. Thomas won the breed again and this time was Group 3rd. A great effort for a puppy. We got home late on Sunday night and it was good to relax.

Today was a busy day, with a visit from a family to meet their new beagle followed by my final dental checkup - my student has now graduated and is a REAL dentist. (I go to a teaching hospital for my dental treatments!)

No comments: