Sunday, July 5, 2009

Unique flight

As a frequent flyer it's not often that I have an unique experience on a plane. However yesterday I did. I flew back from the Oregon coast at 8pm when I arrived at this regional airport that has only 8 flights a day I discovered that I was the only person there at 6 when I was dropped off by the kennel club. There was no cafe or even a vending machine to be found. No TSA even , until 7:30, so just read my book in the waiting area. At 7pm a gate agent appeared and called me by name and told me I would be the ONLY passenger on the flight and as soon as the plane arrived and unloaded the passengers it would fly to Portland with me and we would not wait for the scheduled departure time- as everyone wanted to get home for the night. That was just fine with me.
So we took off in my "private jet" just me and a flight attendant and pilot and first officer- I enjoyed the short 35 minute flight and got home to watch the spectacular firework display put on by our neighbors - before falling into bed, so I could be up at 4:30 to get back to the airport for my early morning flight to California.
(This blog post is being written in the Red Carpet Lounge on my iTouch)

No comments: