Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lexington

Yesterday I left home early in the morning to fly to Lexington, Kentucky where I was to judge 4 shows over the weekend. It was an uneventful trip to Chicago, but once on the small commuter flight to get to Lexington, we had to sit on the tarmac for about an hour, as there was a line of storms just South of Chicago, right in our path. Once they passed, we were on our way.

Upon arrival in Lexington, you immediately know that you are in "Horse country" as there are several lovely horse/racing statues at the airport.

Today I had a light day of judging, just 36 dogs, starting at 10:30, but my goodness it was hot - in the 90's and high humidity to add to the discomfort. Once I was done, I left the show site and headed to the American Saddle bred Museum (inside and air-conditioned!)



This was a fascinating look at the story of this breed and its accomplishments. There are lots of wonderful statues in the area
Having played tourist, its now time for a little retail therapy at an air-conditioned shopping mall.
Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, I have full days and no time to play!

No comments: