Monday, September 21, 2009

A Windy Day


Whilst the weather was superb today (for the last day of summer) it was in the high 80's, we did have a very strong Easterly wind which is unusual for us, and always brings warm winds. As it was warm I decided to go for a ride along the Columbia river - was that ever a mistake!! I was riding into the wind and despite being in the lowest gear, I was hardly moving....so I only went about 2 miles before turning around and "sailing" back to my parked car.
The picture above is of a windsurfer in Hood river, about an hours drive to the east of us, and it's always windy there and so is a great Windsurfing location (or so they tell me, that's not my sport) I bet there were lots of people out on the river today.
Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer - mid 90's - summer does not want to leave and I am happy for it to stay a bit longer!

No comments: